Email Deliverability: What You Need to Know to Stay Out of the Spam Folder
Email marketing is a powerful tool that can help businesses grow their customer base, increase sales, and stay connected with their audience. However, if your emails are landing in the spam folder, your efforts are going to waste.
Here are some tips to help improve your email deliverability:
1. Build a quality email list – The first step in ensuring your emails make it to the inbox is to build a quality email list. This means obtaining consent from your subscribers, keeping your list updated, and removing inactive or bounced email addresses.
2. Use a reputable email service provider – Using a reputable email service provider can help ensure your emails are delivered to the inbox. They have the tools to monitor deliverability and prevent your emails from being flagged as spam.
3. Follow email marketing best practices – This includes using a clear subject line, personalizing your emails, and including an unsubscribe link. Avoid using spam trigger words, all caps, or excessive punctuation.
4. Monitor your email engagement – Keep an eye on your email open rates, click-through rates, and spam complaints. If you notice a decline in engagement, it could be a sign that your emails are being marked as spam.
5. Authenticate your emails – Authentication helps verify that your emails are legitimate and not spoofed. This includes setting up SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records.
6. Keep your content relevant – Make sure your emails provide value to your subscribers and are relevant to their interests. This can help improve engagement and reduce the likelihood of your emails being marked as spam.
By following these tips, your emails are more likely to reach the inbox and avoid the dreaded spam folder. Remember, it’s important to maintain a good reputation as an email sender to ensure long-term success with your email marketing efforts.